I am unable to installing tableau public in my mac book air due to an error show.
You can try the following:
1) Create a new Volume in Disk Utility. Make sure it’s not encrypted.
2) Ensure the new Volume is mounted. It should be mounted at /Volumes/<whatever you named the volume in step 1>.
3) Download the Tableau Desktop application and mount the DMG.
4) Install the application from Terminal using the following:
sudo installer –pkg /Volumes/Tableau\ Desktop/Tableau\ Desktop.pkg –target /Volumes/<whatever you named the volume in step1>
5) In Finder open /Volumes/<whatever you named the volume in step1>/Applications/Tableau Desktop
Hope this helps!
Thank you Team 365 Data Science.