The following error arises:
09:31:24 delete from departments_dup where dept_no = ‘d003’ Error Code: 1175. You are using safe update mode and you tried to update a table without a WHERE that uses a KEY column. To disable safe mode, toggle the option in Preferences -> SQL Editor and reconnect. 0.000 sec
Thanks for reaching out.
To solve this problem, you need to follow the steps as suggested by Workbench. Here they are in more detail.
- Go to the main Menu and expand the Edit/Preferences…/SQL Editor option.
- Scroll down and un-tick the Safe Updates mode.
3. Click “OK” to confirm.
4. Reconnect to the database by clicking the following icon from the centre of the screen.
5. Load the data from the employees.sql file once more. Execute the following command to set employees as a default database.
6. Retry executing your query.
Hope this helps.