Data Engineer Resume Downloadable Template
If you’re aiming to land a data engineer job, a robust skillset, relevant background, and experience are only a part of what it takes to get to the data engineer job interview.
What will actually make it happen is a well-crafted data engineer resume that communicates your expertise and spikes the employer’s interest.
So, whether you are an entry-level data engineer or a junior data engineer, it’s essential to include the role of your accomplishments in advancing the business goals of the company, as well as some quantitative evidence of your achievements to convey your value to your target organization. For instance, how many people were impacted, by what percentage you increased efficiency, and how much revenue you helped generate?
But even if you do all the right moves, your data engineer resume can easily be overlooked, unless you grab the reviewer's attention at first glance with impeccable and stylish formatting. The following data engineer resume sample is exactly what you need to send the message of professionalism and excellence. You can download this template easily and customize your resume in minutes!
Before you get started, you may want to hear what field experts have to say about preparing a resume for a data scientist, in the course Starting a Career in Data Science: Project Portfolio, Resume, and Interview Process.
Data Engineer Resume Text Sample
Your Name and Contact Information
Highly qualified Data Engineer with 5 years of professional experience and enthusiasm to own projects end-to-end. Looking to apply hands-on expertise in streaming and distributed systems for Big Data at [name of company]. Coming with solid Software Engineering and Computer Science background, programming skills, and experience with ML workflows.
JAVA | PYTHON | APACHE BEAM | SPARK | SAMZA | KAFKA | DATAFLOW | APACHE FLINK | ML WORKFLOWS
ODEN TECHNOLOGIES (New York, NY, US)
DATA ENGINEER (2017-2020)
- Increased efficiency by more than 80% by developing tools to assist in capturing serial data link requirements and performing automated verification testing
- Built data pipelines that ingest a variety of manufacturing process metrics and context for in-product data
- Lead the platform team on managing the data pipelines and their robustness and scalability
- Collaborated with data scientists and product engineers to develop and deploy solutions to customer problems
- Created innovative data capabilities and product features
- Engaged with the technical community to present results externally, and keep up to date on recent advances
ISHPI (Austin, TX, US)
JUNIOR DATA ENGINEER (2015-2017)
- Worked with application and data science teams to support development of custom data solutions
- Supported the database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis activities
- Translated a set of requirements and data into a usable database schema by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts and macros, updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file
- Supported development of databases, database parser software, database loading software, and database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS (Austin, TX, US)
MS SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (May 2015)
SAINT MARTIN’S UNIVERSITY (Lacey, USA)
BSC COMPUTER SCIENCE (April 2014)
GOOGLE PROFESSIONAL DATA ENGINEER
IBM CERTIFIED DATA ENGINEER – BIG DATA
365 DATA SCIENCE PROGRAM
More Data Science Resume and Cover Letter Resources
- Data Scientist Resume Sample and Template
- Data Analyst Resume Sample and Template
- BI Analyst Resume Sample and Template
- Data Architect Resume Sample and Template