What career paths can I take with data science?
Data Science is now an integral part of any forward-thinking organization’s success. Whether they are in marketing, finance, hospitality, healthcare, or any other sector, data science professionals are in increasing demand thanks to the current and potential applications of the technology. There are plenty of career paths you can take with data science, depending on your background, interests, and your vision for future professional development.
We researched the most in-demand skills for different job roles in data science. Then, we created a structured way to prepare you for the job you want by breaking it down into career tracks. Currently, we offer 3 career tracks for you to take:
No matter which career track you choose, if you take the time to learn and prepare, you’ll be able to make yourself a hiring prospect for some of the world’s leading companies.
For more information on the career paths you can take as a data scientist, read our Starting a Career in Data Science guide, which will put into perspective everything you need to know about:
- What data science is and why it’s important
- The different kinds of roles you can apply for
- Market demands and potential salaries
- The skills and qualifications you’ll need
- How to get a job in data science
- The leading industries that recruit data scientists
- How to start and next steps